About Shell E4
To accelerate India’s transition to a sustainable energy future by becoming a major actor in the entrepreneurial ecosystem by linking talent, technology, capital and know-how for energy entrepreneurs in the country.
Our Mission is to empower and enable identified Indian entrepreneurs, working on energy related start-ups to help them become sustainable, profitable and significantly impactful organizations. Our objectives are:
- Co-creating and developing the start-up ecosystem in India - Convene leaders, expertise and resources to build and mobilize the start-up ecosystem by sourcing, defining and executing impactful projects.
- Offer world-class start-up hub to support and enable energy related start-ups: Programmes structured in ways that suit the unique nature of energy start-ups which typically require longer gestation periods given the requirements of development & robust testing.
- Establish a strong investor network for energy related start-ups: Define a Shell start-up investment strategy for India providing case for investors internal and external to invest in India energy related start-ups.
Shell E4 Program provides a platform for collaboration and conversation around valuable energy transitions, offering startups an opportunity to bring their ideas to life with Shell’s guidance and support. The Shell E4 program builds upon the company’s global vision to support the energy sector’s evolving ecosystem. Shell has a rich history of working with entrepreneurs across the energy value chain globally. Startups shall have access to infrastructure, expertise, capital and customers to help them accelerate their business growth and test the commercial and technical viability of their business offering. The startups will benefit from Shell’s Technology Labs and IT infrastructure, resources, network of partners and customers, and will also have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to other potential investors brought in during the program.
Shell E4 Program has four tracks relevant for start-ups at various maturity levels with unique needs.
- Growth Track (Startup with pilotable products/solutions) –
- Digital Track (Post MVP Stage)
- Scale Tack (Startup with deployable products/solutions)
- International Track (Soft landing - International startups looking to enter the Indian market)
Shell E4 is located at the Shell Technology Centre Bengaluru (STCB) and, is well positioned to leverage the vibrant Bengaluru ecosystem.
In This Section
Shell E4 and our program partners are interested in a broad range of energy-related solutions relevant to Shell and our partners.
The Shell E4 program builds upon the company’s global vision to support the energy sector’s evolving ecosystem. Shell has a rich history of working with entrepreneurs across the energy value chain globally.
Find out about the team of passionate individuals who are leading the development of Shell E4.
The Shell E4 Hub is located in the Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, which provides start-ups with round-the-clock proximity to Shell subject matter experts and advisors who can help them develop or refine their products.