News & Updates
Check out the latest news on Shell E4 – and don’t forget to come back regularly to make sure you’re in the loop.
Latest News & Updates
Jul 17, 2020
Shell E4 start-up hub's second cohort demonstrates energy and sustainability solutions Bengaluru, July 17, 2019: After a successful first edition in 2018, Shell returned with its second edition of Shell E4 Demo Day, the largest Energy Entrepreneurship Conference in India on July 16, 2019 in Bengaluru. The event included a unique gathering of energy focused start-ups along with the attendance of Arvind Tiwary, Chair, IoT Forum, TiE and Subhashini Chandran, EVP and Managing Director - India at Xynteo. The day also witnessed the graduation of ten start-ups which were selected by Shell for incubation at the Shell Technology Centre Bangalore in January 2019.
Jul 17, 2020
Discussing the way forward for energy startups, panellists at Shell E4 Demo Day 2019, advised founders not to build incremental technology, but ‘solve a larger need for the consumer or business’.
Mar 06, 2020
ABB’s venture capital unit has signed a letter of intent with Shell E4 Startup Hub, Bangalore, to empower Indian entrepreneurs in building sustainable, profitable and impactful organizations.
ABB Technology Ventures (ATV) will extend access to ABB expertise for selected startups in the Shell E4 Scale track program, which is designed for growth stage startups in the energy sector that have a deployable product or solution. The program focusses on helping scale their business and market share by leveraging the global reach of Shell and partners, such as ABB.
Feb 18, 2020
- Shell has partnered with ABB, Indian Angel Network and Ola for this cohort.
- Most startups in the cohort are in the mobility segment including electric vehicles.
- Selected startups include the likes of Magenta Power, Eee-Taxi, Energos and others.
Jan 07, 2019
- Shell has selected eight start-ups for 2019, compared to five in 2018
- Focus of E4 programme has grown from offering one track to five tracks in 2019, covering the needs of startups at various stages.