Who is it for?
The digital track at the Shell E4 Start-up Hub is a 3-month curriculum specifically designed for start-ups specialising in digital solutions. We prefer start-ups that have a product (or service) at least at the MVP stage with a proof of concept tested by at least 2 customers. Typically, the startups on this program will be focused on developing/accelerating an application/solution towards pilot deployment. This is a comprehensive and tailor-made program to enable digital startups to capture customers in the Energy (& Manufacturing) verticals and gain market share.
Key Areas of Interest:
The following are business related areas of interest for this cohort. We also welcome start-ups with digital solutions for traditional O&G, New Energies, Mobility and other solutions that can provide value to Shell.
- Digital communication solutions to improve customer targeted sales at Shell Retail station forecourts. Seeking interactive solutions connected internally and centrally controlled. Preferred solutions will be cost effective, durable and sustainable in retail forecourt conditions.
- Technology to improve Shell Retail on-site operations both in store and on forecourt. Solutions ranging from product availability to customer journey mapping and everything in between. Solutions must be GDPR compliant.
- Technologies, platforms and business models to improve carpooling, car sharing and ride sharing experience, operations and/or economics.
- Last mile delivery logistics. Technologies, platforms and business models to aid efficiency and improve the customer experience.
- Retail station of the future - Technologies, platforms and business models to enhance customer experience, optimize and future proof Shell’s Retail footprint. Solutions should address a human need or problem. For this cohort we prefer solutions with a digital component.
- Digital solutions to improve predictive maintenance, avoid and detect leaks across new and traditional energy supply chain.
- Digital solutions to improve people safety at Construction (& other Operational) sites. Specifically, to detect non-compliance on the following -- working-at-heights, walking/working under suspended-loads, texting-while-walking, holding-handrails, dropping-objects.
- Technologies, platforms and business models to improve Shell connection to customers across our supply chain. Solutions can include, but are not limited to, mobile apps, analytics, loyalty programs or payment solutions.
- Seeking low cost sensors to support numerous sensor needs across the energy supply chain from retail stores to high temperature refinery applications and everything in between. Should support LoRa or Narrow Band IOT. Ideally ATEX compliant but not required.
- Platform that connects loads with fleets that have spare capacity, thus improving utilization rates and reducing TCO. Solution should be scalable across SE Asia
Startups Likely to be Relevant:
- Should be based on one or more of the following technology domains: Analytics, AI (ML, DL), IOT, Computer/Machine Vision, Mixed Realities (AR, VR), Robotics, Drones, Industrial Mobility, Blockchain etc.
- Should offer solutions in one or more of the following areas: Logistics, Omni Channel, Payments, Supply Chain, Customer Experience, Loyalty Programs, Predictive Maintenance, Telematics etc.
The Track Offers:
- Access to a well-defined problem statement and/or use case and opportunity to deploy a solution relevant to Shell (and likely to the wider industry).
- Access to subject matter experts and digitalisation experts from Shell.
- A dedicated mentor to guide your startup throughout the application acceleration journey.
- Best of industry connections and market access.
- State-of-the-art testing and prototyping laboratories, Digital IT infrastructures for product development.
- Opportunity to work with Shell businesses to co-create products and solutions.
- Access to alumni network for continuing association beyond end of program.
- Regular interactions with the investor community & external mentors leading to funding and business development opportunities
- Peer learning sessions to help benefit from other founders’ learnings
- Visibility and media coverage across India and the world.
- Opportunity to participate at Shell E4 Demo Day the who’s who of the energy ecosystem.
- Pitch training and support from media industry leaders and domain experts.
- 20 K USD funding
Boot Camp: Start-ups begin their journey with a 1 week kick off Boot Camp which will include a baseline assessment of the company, sessions on strategy & business planning and introductions with various Shell business leaders. In-depth sessions with relevant Shell Business Units & Digitalisation experts to create a plan for product/solution development.
On-Site Weeks: Periodic weekly sessions to review product/solution development status, and interventions to help accelerate and complete development according to plan. During these weeks, will bring together industry experts and service providers to work a range of topics like Product Development, GTM, Branding, Business Finance etc.
Founders Socials: During the program the start-ups will be invited to several networking engagements - the monthly Founders Socials and other events organized by Shell. At the Founders Social you will interact with a curated set of investors, industry experts, Shell partners and corporates. This will be an opportunity to grow your network and make relevant connections.
Executive Series: A key highlight of the Shell E4 program is the Executive Series. This series will host successful entrepreneurs and industry leaders – all of who have been there, done that – for interactive sessions with the cohort on different aspects of their startup journey. These will be scheduled during some of the on-site weeks.
Shell E4 Demo Day: The cohort start-ups will pitch to investors, customers and other members of the ecosystem at the largest energy entrepreneur event in India - Shell E4 Demo Day.
To find out more about the Digital Track and download a copy of the brochure please click here for the Digital Track Brochure.
To read about the applications and selection process please go to the 'How to Apply' Section
To get in touch please write to: SIMPL-Shell-E4-Hub@shell.com