Smart Energy Track
The smart energy track is a program designed for early to mid-stage start-ups that have proven proof of concept (or solution). It is a tailor-made program focused on helping startups scale their businesses and become market ready.
Who is it for?
For Founders of startups (early & Mid-stage) focused on the evolving energy industry and who are seeking.
a) product development support & product-market fit and
b) to scale their businesses.
These startups will be able to leverage Shell’s subject matter expertise and global reach, while also benefiting from a curated network of industry experts & advisors to accelerate their business development.
- Enabling business operations scaling by providing guidance on setting up systems, processes & building teams.
- Enabling product development with insightful problem statements, use cases and with dedicated infrastructure support.
- Assist in the refinement of business strategy to expand the business through identifying the right target markets.
- Build a strong & relevant network of industry experts and advisors with potential leads to customers & investors.
The Track Offers:
- Access to an established support ecosystem consisting of eminent advisors and subject matter experts from Shell & Partners.
- Startups will have access to Lab & infrastructure support from Shell & Partners to conduct product development and testing activities.
- Potential opportunity to work with identified Shell businesses & relevant Partners to help co create products and solutions.
- Engagement with the investor community leading to potential funding opportunities
- A strong & relevant set of mentors to guide your startup throughout the acceleration journey.
- Visibility and media coverage in relevant target markets.
- The cohort start-ups will have the opportunity to pitch to top investors from India and abroad as well as meet with an array of decision makers from the energy ecosystem, on Demo Day (Recognized as India’s biggest energy entrepreneurship conference).
- Opportunity to participate in “Shell E4 Urrja”, which is E4’s inhouse Energy roundtable conference that will host Globally renowned panel members, distinguished in their respective industries.
- Opportunity to leverage Shell's credibility and visibility to strengthen brand equity.
Start-ups likely to be relevant
Start-ups that are likely to be considered for this track are those working on innovative solutions with some customer traction and the competence to grow. The company should be able to leverage the resources that are provided to build highly competitive industry-relevant products not just for India, but global markets.
Start-ups that will benefit the most from this program should have:
- A scalable business model and on a growth path.
- High potential to scale.
- Adequate resources and readiness to fully participate in the program and able to handle new projects and deployments.
Phase 1 - Assess: Evaluate the current state of your startup’s, Market, investor and enterprise readiness through a structured framework curated by industry experts & create a customized execution plan. The program will kick off with a 1-week intensive boot camp to define the roadmap of the program.
Phase 2 - Execute: This is the activation phase wherein you will execute your action plan for the next 2 to 4 months specifically on operations and growth. The Shell E4 team will support you in creating an advisory board. Bi-monthly virtual check-in sessions will be organized between you, your mentor and the E4 team to monitor the progress of your plan. You will have full access to the lab infrastructure to help you with your product enhancement plans and verifying product-market fit.
Phase 3 – Mature: Define go-to-market strategies for scale, build market-ready Enterprise solutions, implement strategies to mature potential pilot with Shell & Investor readiness
Phase 4 – Scale: Establish operations and teams to enable scaling, Market penetration/ Global expansion, Investor engagement, Pitch at Demo day.
Beyond the Program: The program’s duration is 6 months. After graduation, the startups will:
- continue to have access to the Shell technology center, based on agreement with the Shell E4 Startup Hub.
- Become a part of the alumni pool and benefit from access to a network of India’s best energy entrepreneurs and mentors.
- Startups will be able to pitch to investors, customers and other members of the ecosystem at the largest energy entrepreneur event in India - Shell E4 Demo Day
To find out more about the Smart Energy Track and download a copy of the brochure please click here for the Smart Energy Track Brochure.
To read about the applications and selection process please go to the 'How to Apply' Section
To know more about Smart Energy Track and other Focus themes of E4, please visit ‘E4 Themes’ Section.
To get in touch please write to: SIMPL-Shell-E4-Hub@shell.com
You May Also Like
Latest cohort announcement, news stories and discover what our portfolio companies have recently accomplished.